Contact Me: 617-774-7883
- New England Law | Boston, cum laude, 2009 – J.D.
- Kalamazoo College, 2002 – B.A.
Over the past twelve years, Laura has successfully argued cases in the Supreme Judicial Court, Massachusetts Appeals Court, and district and superior courts across the state. She also appears regularly in administrative hearings in front of the Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB). Laura is frequently asked to train and present to attorneys at continuing legal education seminars and works one-on-one as a mentor to attorneys who are new to post-conviction and SORB practice.
Laura sat on the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts of Criminal Defense Lawyers ("MACDL") for six years, and for three years she taught advanced research and writing to second year law student New England Law | Boston. In 2015, she was honored by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as one of the 25 "Up and Coming Lawyers" and has been named a "Rising Star" or "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers every year since 2015.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2018
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2019 – 2020
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2015
- Post-Conviction Relief for Noncitizens (2020),“Padilla” Panel Training, Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS)
- Screening Guilty Pleas (2020), Investigating New Trial Motions, CPCS
- Vacating Convictions for Non-citizen Clients (2017 – 2020), Latest in Crimmigration (formerly Crimmigration 101), Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- SORB Classifications – Early Termination (2018), Reclassification and Termination Hearings, CPCS
- Motions for New Trial: The Legal Framework (2016), Litigating Motions for New Trial, CPCS
- When Your Past Haunts You: How to Win Probation Surrenders, Undo Pleas, and Get a Second Chance at Trial Through a Motion to Vacate (2016), Annual Conference, Suffolk Lawyers for Justice
- What You Should Know About Post-Conviction Relief: How to Help Noncitizen Clients with Criminal Convictions (2016), Post-Conviction Relief Brown Bag Luncheon, Boston Bar Association
- New Trial Motions (2015), Annual Criminal Law Conference, MCLE
- Direct Appellate Review and Further Appellate Review (2015), Advanced Post-Conviction Litigation Seminar, MACDL